We love Keren Baker’s use of these dies to create a selection of scenes – how will you recreate it.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Card: green, orange, jade, navy, red, white.
- Paper, Dove craft, Over The Rainbow.
- Dies: My Favorite Things, Photo Booth Strip, Captions; Tonic Studios, Square
- Stamps: My Favorite Things, Picture Perfect; Clearly Besotted, Scrumptious Birthday Sentiments.
- Ink: Tsukeniko, Memento Tuxedo Black, Nuvo Acetate
- Quick Hello – 1 Using a white card blank 12.5cm x 15cm add blue patterned paper on top. the photostrip with red and trim acetate slightly smaller than the width but 1cm longer than the strip.
2 Stamp the characters onto white and colour. Position the frame over each image then choose a portion that looks good and trace around it with a pencil leaving an extra 5mm around the edge. Trim out the images and adhere behind the apertures. Add the acetate behind the card and leave to dry.
3 ‘Hello’ sentiment out of several colors and black card. Add the black onto the blank at an angle and glue the letters in the gaps. Bend the acetate and card strip slightly then fold over the ends to create two tabs.
4 Attach one tab onto the edge of the card at an angle and curve the strip so the other tab fits onto the base and runs along the sentiment strip. Add foam pads under the right hand side of the strip so it has an extra anchor point.
- Make a Wish – 1 Take white card 6cm x 15.5cm and layer slightly smaller rainbow patterned paper. Add blue patterned paper to white then the photostrip out of it.
2 Some of the letters from ‘Sweet’, ‘Hello’ and ‘Smile’ in different colours to create ‘Wish’ and adhere to the bottom of the tag.
3 Stamp the image onto card and color in with markers. Position in place and trace around. leaving a 5mm border then fix on the reverse.
4 Add foam pads behind the photostrip and stick to the base. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and thread twine through.
- Say Cheese! – 1 Take white card 10.5cm x 15cm and trim slightly smaller blue patterned paper. Stamp and color one of the images to use behind the aperture. Take green card and a square out to make it look like a polaroid-style image.
2 The sentiment out of the green. Secure card behind the aperture and add different colored letters. Adhere the stamped image behind the aperture. Stamp a sentiment below ‘Smile’. Glue to the card blank at an angle then add a little strip onto the frame for detail.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Card: Paper Artsy White Heavy Smoothy black teal pink
- Paper Artsy: A Bit Jaded Golden Sands Are You Cerise Lemon cello
- Dies: Tonic Studios Thanks
- Sentiment Strip Celebrate Sentiment Strip For You Sentiment Strip
- Stamps Uniko Marvellous Mehndi
- WOW! Embossing pad
- WOW! Embossing Powders Opaque, Bright White Super Fine
- Baker’s twine, blue
- Vibrant Blotting – 1 Create a side-folding blank 14cm x 16cm from white card. Matt with pink then layer with a panel of white card. Stamp a large mandala image onto the card panel with embossing ink apply white embossing powder then heat to set.
2 Sprinkle Lemoncello Infusions onto the centre along with Are You Cerise around the outside. Spray with water and blot the excess. Add A Bit Jaded Infusions to the outside spray, then blot the excess. Leave to dry. A sentiment from black and an outline layer from white. Adhere together and add to the card to finish.